Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Box of Sunshine // Packaging // Tutorial


We already know I have this thing for packaging. (Confession- I am the type of person who will buy something just because the packaging is cute. Am I alone here?) I'll let another cat out of the bag and let you all know I have a thing for packages in the mail, too. (Confession- I am the type of person who will buy something online just so I have a package to open when I get the mail. Ditto? You too?)

Needless to say, getting the mail is always a bright spot in my day. So when a sweet friend of mine was going through a bit of a rainy season in life, I thought, what better way to brighten up her day?

Mail + Yellow Theme= A Box of Sunshine! 
 
I love having notecards on hand (have you seen the ones in my shoppe?), and a few weeks ago I picked up a box of notecards (similar to this) on clearance. The box the cards came in was just perfect for a little brighten-your-day package. I covered each half of the box in brown craft paper, taping the folded edges inside. Next I used q-tips and *ahem* the cap to the hairspray (a sponge would work much nicer, but I didn't have any on hand), dipped them in white poster paint, and covered the box with dots. 

That simple, folks.

Note: I really liked the contrast of the big/small dots- makes for fun details! I used the big dot half for the top and the little dot half for the bottom.  
Here's the inside scoop:

1. "Hope" + yellow metal bracelets
2. Yummy tea (in shades of yellow!)
3. Yellow scrapbooking marker
4. Encouraging quotes on cardstock
5. Arrow paint swatch garland (tutorial coming soon!)
6. Butterscotch candies
7. Fun summer washi tape 
9. Peanut Butter Snickers bar
10. A cheery card
So- whose day are you going to brighten?


(did you DIY it? I would lovelovelove to see pictures! hoping to have a "you did it!" page on the blog soon, featuring all your takes on my projects- so send me pictures @ peachesncreamstudioATgmailDOTcom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment